Saturday, December 13, 2008

Well, I'm back. Sorry it has taken so long but things have just been a wee bit hectic. I have spent the past few months fighting to keep my home. It has been hard going what with the economic downturn and one thing and another but it is all sorted now. And then, along with that, joy of joys and miracle of miracles, two new babies in the family. After Tameron was born we had another happy event to look forward to. Tamia was born 5 months later to the day.

For those of you who are interested, yes ... Tameron's father is not white and Tamia's father is Muslim. It makes for very interesting family gatherings I can tell you especially as we all get on really well.

Oh, and I am not going to engage in any discussion about my daughters, their respective partners/husbands or my grandchildren. The photos I have shared with you are going to be the only ones I will publish on this blog or anywhere else for that matter. Tameron's photo is from when he was just under 24 hours old and Tamia's is when she was 1 week old. They have changed a lot already, getting teeth, sitting up, chattering away in that peculiar way babies have, smiling, gurgling and a lot of chuckling.

I did think to come back here and talk about the (in)famous list. Not so much the content but the fact that it got published. I personally abhor and detest any segregationist policies and most certainly do not hold with either the B(lithering) N(eolithic) P(artisans) or any other Supremacist movements, theories or tendencies; be they White, Black or Faith based. However I also hold that the only legitimate topics are the policies themselves, the thought processes leading to them and those individuals who personally elect to put themselves up to public scrutiny by seeking publicity. Nick Griffin for instance, the pig farmer himself ... yep, perfectly legitimate target for scrutiny; his wife just because she happens to be his wife is not. His daughter is only a legitimate target if she carries on making a fool of herself in interviews (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2004/may/16/uk.race) but not because she is his daughter.
Joe Bloggs from number 26 Nowhere Close, Anywhere Town, Somewhere County, UK is not a legitimate target. Being a member of a political party in itself, even an utterly repugnant one, is not reason for targeting an individual; any more then possessing a different colour skin, worshipping another deity or subscribing to an alternate world-view would be.

I was utterly amazed at the reactions the publication elicited. Or maybe amazed is not the right word ... let us just say that I was partly disgusted and partly flabbergasted – and yes, okay I'll admit, there was a degree of 'Here we go again' about it. I was disgusted by the media frenzy that was whipped up around the 'numbers' that the list represented; 'n' number in this postcode and 'x' number in that location. 'x' number of teachers, policemen, soldiers and other assorted professionals (as if having a further education or being a member of the law enforcing or security services somehow precludes people from being eejits).
I was also disgusted at the number of people who claimed to be on that list as some sort of administrative error or purely for research purposes. For crying out loud, if that is what you hold with, at least have the courage of your convictions!

I was flabbergasted by much of the above as well. But what really had me stymied was the reaction to a burned out car in a road. In a Close where I live a car was sat alight once by some yobs. It flamed away merrily till the fire brigade arrived and having doused the car with water, left the Close awash with filthy oil and soot filled puddles. The car wasn't mine and therefore I did not think it at all likely that setting the car alight a few yards from my garden path was in anyway because a Jew lived in the Close. But when the same thing happens in a street that just happens to have an 'outed' member of the B(lithering) N(eolithic) P(artisans) ... it makes National headlines.

The 'Here we go again' was more to do with the pig-farmer. Blaming all and sundry, starting with the rebels except for accepting that it was the incompetence of his own administrative staff that made this possible in the first instance. But hey hop, such is the nature of this particular cyclops, as some on StormFront call him. 'This will only serve to make us stronger' says he, 'people will see how ordinary our membership is and flock to join us!' - a ready made excuse for when he fails to gain a European Parliament seat for one of his candidates thinks I.

What I found particularly noteworthy is that it was a blog of particularly staunch Nationalists who saw fit to 'out' a couple of the names on the list as paedophiles. I am not going to link to it as I want no party of this or any other 'outing' but for those of you who are interested, google Northwest + nationalist ... you should find the 'outing in one of their archived threads easily enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you bother to say Joe Bloggs is not a legitimate target? Obviously because some far-left extremists do consider him to be a legitimate target. Right?

So why then are you 'disgusted' at the number of people who claimed to be on that list as some sort of administrative error or purely for research purposes? Many of those people have children or grandchildren, like you, that they don't want to put in any danger. What's so disgusting about them trying to protect their families and jobs?

It's you that is disgusting in my opinion. Why don't you publish your address, telephone number, and email address, and have the courage of your convictions? Hypocrite.

Miriam Binder said...

And why do you think I bother? Because I do not think that individuals should be targets just because they happen to be members. I merely express my personal viewpoint on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's good, but not all lefties think like you unfortunately, and some do see Joe Bloggs as a legitimate target. So I don't see why you're disgusted when some BNP members get worried and want to protect themselves and their families by denying they're members. It's quite understandable in my view.

Miriam Binder said...

A bit of a generaliser aren't you? Is it a case of if you aren't in absolute agreement with the far right then you must be a 'leftie'? Rather unoriginal really don't you think?

About the only thing 'leftie' about me is that it is my predominant hand. But carry on with your pigeon-holing if it makes you feel secure.